Friday, February 19, 2010

Newbery Challenge

Hmm, so finding the time to blog is a little more challenging than I thought it would be. I guess that shouldn't be such a surprise given my status as "mommy-to-an-eight-month-old." Let me amend that to "mommy-to-a-teething-eight-month-old." I have lots of ideas. LOTS of ideas and I can't wait to get them onto the screen, but I will need to be patient. For now, I've decided to start with issuing myself a challenge. I would like to read all the Newbery Medal Winners, starting with the very first, The Story of Mankind by Hendrik Willem van Loon, which won in 1922. I plan to read just the Medal Winners not the Honor Books. That's a bit too ambitious for me right now. Along the way I plan to do other reviews and post activities to do with them and well, whatever else strikes my fancy. I guess I'll have to set a deadline, as well. So, I guess I should get to it. I'll reserve myself a copy at the library, get my list of books together and hop to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment